Disclosure of exposure or illness is required in order to safeguard the health and safety of all people and restrict the further outbreak of COVID-19. This information will be kept safely, and any personal information will not be disclosed to any third party unless required by law, or with your consent.
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and COVID-19 is extremely contagious. STEM Tutoring Ottawa (the “Company”) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the Company cannot guarantee that the student or the tutor will not become exposed or infected with COVID-19.
- The student and the tutor are participating voluntarily, understand the risks associated with COVID-19 and agree to assume those risks, including but not limited to exposure and becoming infected.
- Both the student and tutor are required to obey the guidelines set by Ontario Public Health regarding wearing a mask, washing/sanitizing hands, as well as maintaining a safe distance. The student and tutor are required to wear face masks prior to entering the location of the session and for the entire session length, until the tutor and/or student has left the location. The student and tutor agree to sanitize all surfaces used for tutoring and sanitize and/or wash hands prior to and after each session.
- Both the student and the tutor are required to fill out the COVID 19 Self-Assessment Form prior to each session. If the student or tutor experiences, or if anyone in the student’s household experiences, any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 after submitting the form, the student and/or tutor will immediately self-isolate, notify the Company, and not attend any of the Company’s activities, programs, or services until at least 14 days have passed since those symptoms were last experienced. The Company will note the report to track all suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases. This information will be shared to other students and tutors if suspected contact has occurred within 14 days.
- By booking a session, the student agrees to follow recommended guidelines, including but not limited to, practicing physical distancing, trying to maintain separation of two meters (six feet) from others, adhering to recognized hygiene best practices and otherwise limiting the student’s exposure to COVID-19.
- The student and tutor will follow the safety, physical distancing and general hygiene protocols issued by the provincial government, provincial health officials and the Company. If the student or tutor repeatedly or intentionally violates the Company’s safety, physical distancing or hygiene protocols, they will be removed from booking, and/or completing any future sessions immediately.
- This document will remain in effect until the Company, per the direction of the provincial government and provincial health officials, determines that the acknowledgements in this declaration are no longer required.
By participating in tutoring sessions, the student, participants in the student’s household, and the tutor hereby agree to be bound by paragraphs 1-7.